Saturday, February 7, 2009

Girls and Books of Song Lyrics

Why do teenage girls fill notebooks up with song lyrics?

In another note in the vast book about things men don't understand about women, I have yet to understand why teenage girls will fill entire notebooks up with song lyrics. Just like how I don't know why girls will fill notebooks up with the cast list from their favorite movie, or why they will write their celebrity crushes' name on every line of every page of every notebook they own until they have successfully written down Zac Effron 6 thousand times.

While growing up with my sister, a popular thing she would always do is to write down lyrics from the Beatles on sheets of paper. She would even go to the trouble of printing up the lyrics from the internet so she could write them down. I wonder if girls growing up in the sixties wrote down the lyrics as well?

After years have passed I now see my girlfriend's younger sister doing the same thing (not with the Beatles, mind you. Hannah Montana or whatever crappy ass Disney artist she listens to). Questioning why she was doing this, I ask my girlfriend if she did it as well. She admitted it. So I had to ask the obvious question....

WHY??????

Was it to help you memorize the lyrics?

No. Chances are that if you're copying them down you'd already memorized them.

Is it to just get all your lyrics in one convenient place?

Somewhat. Not really.

Why can't you just print up the lyrics? You already did it, actually, so that you could copy them!

Because then you don't get to copy them.

Why is copying them so important?

Because...it is....

Why?

I don't know. It just is.

Not even girls understand why they do it. I don't understand why they all seem to do it. I'm pretty sure they're not talking to each other. At least not all of them. They just seem to be chemically compelled to do it, as if it is some evolutionary trait developed millions of years ago, when female cavemen would chisel the grunts of their favorite guy who beat rocks against other rocks rhythmically. I don't get it. Maybe it's just to keep their wrists busy. Haven't you guys discovered masturbation yet?

2 comments:

  1. Don't question it. You will never, ever understand why women do the strange things they do. Just accept it. It'll save you trouble later in life.

    And for the record, not all girls memorize the cast list from their favorite movies. Just Alena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >_>; I did that in my senior year of english because we had to write a journal which I forgot about. That was a lot of speed writing...

    ReplyDelete